Segment: S&P Global Market Intelligence
The Location: Pakistan, India, Virtual
About S&P Global Market Intelligence product
S&P Global Market Intelligence encompasses a powerful suite of cross-asset analytics, integrated desktop services, securities valuations, and investment research and recommendations across a wide spectrum of the world’s major markets. Its unique intellectual property delivers a breadth and depth of solutions that support clients in their work to generate alpha, identify new trading and investment ideas, and perform risk analysis and mitigation strategies.
The Team: You will be joining a highly talented core team of Site Reliability Engineers at S&P Global Market Intelligence Data Delivery Team. You will be part of a world-class Product Services & Engineering team architecting various solutions for business requirements within different product offerings of S&P Global Market Intelligence, used by tens of thousands of users globally. The team is responsible for ensuring cloud solutions that deliver Greater Reliability & Resilience, High Performance, High Availability, and Scalability.
You will work with a global team of intelligent and ambitious professionals recruited from top institutions and industries. The team is accountable for understanding business requirements and architecting solutions for cloud delivery of large-scale data processing, aggregation, and publishing of market data systems.
We are a tight-knit team responsible for ensuring that our many production systems deliver quality products in accordance with contractual timelines.
What’s in it for you:
• You will be part of the SRE Team for MI Data Delivery Engineering and will be assisting multiple development teams and also part of on-call support for all data delivery Jobs/systems/products.
• Full filling several application teams’ requirements by deploying end-to-end CI/CD pipeline setup on cloud infrastructure.
• Migrate the legacy applications from on-premises to AWS cloud infrastructure.
• Identify and Automate BAU toil
• Improve reliability, scalability, quality, and observability for multiple data delivery applications
• Ensure service level objectives through proactive monitoring, custom tooling, and on-call support/troubleshooting for all data delivery systems/products.
• Our Tech Stack Includes: Amazon Web Services, DevOps(Kubernetes, Rundeck, Datadog, Docker), Python, Autosys, Linux & Windows
• Overseeing the transfer of data from traditional to cloud-based services
• Experience with understanding business proposals and transforming them into technical solutions.
• Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
• Creating production and migration schedules for large projects with timelines/milestones
• Develop and leverage AWS tools and services to manage and automate key operations capabilities. This includes AWS Systems Manager, Patch Manager, Cloud Formation, and custom scripting to extend the AWS services.
• Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
• Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement those fixes.
• Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and reduce human intervention time on tasks.
• Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
• Provide 3rd-level support for AWS infrastructure.
• Increase alerting & monitoring quality, Reduce Alarm noise, and Increase Observability Gaps
• Optimize Cloud Costing and analyze Capacity Planning
• Reduce Operations exposure, Increase the pace of incidents recovery, and Implement Resiliency and remediation plans
• Identifying and correcting problems stemming from audit and compliance.
• Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
• Identifying and correcting problems stemming from audit and compliance.
• Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor's/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
• 6+ years of system & solutions engineering, software development, or system operations background with 3+ years of work experience working as a Systems Engineer, DevOps, and/or SRE Roles.
• Experience automating infrastructure, testing, and deployments using tools like Terraform, CFT with Ansible, Rundeck, Autosys, Jenkins & other industry-recognized tools to deliver Infrastructure as Code
• Experience in cloud infrastructure, storage, platforms, and data.
• Experience with containers, such as Kubernetes, Container, Docker, or any OCI runtimes.
• Certified Cloud Professional (AWS Solutions Architects, DevOps, System)
• Experience in the Rundeck tool with hands-on build deployment and automation
• Experience in Configuring AutoSys Workload Automation, Scheduler, Event Server, and Application Server
• Experience with 2 or more scripting languages such as python, Perl, Unix shell, PowerShell, awk, etc...
• Experience with a variety of databases (MySQL, Postgres, Redis, Cassandra, Oracle Coherence, etc.)
• Experience troubleshooting networking protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTPS/TLS/Websockets, Multicast, and Broadcast messaging
• Experience with scalable networking technologies, including Linux, software-defined networking, network virtualization, open protocols, App acceleration, Load Balancers, DNS, virtual private networks, and their application in PaaS and IaaS technologies.
• Experience with Unix/Linux operating systems internals (e.g., filesystems, system calls), and with networking (e.g., routing, ESDN) or cloud systems.
• Experience in Performance tuning OS (Linux & Wintel), JVM, .NetCore VM.
• Experience Developing a keen understanding of the systems environment, dependencies, data flows, databases and how the products are produced
• Second-line on-call support, researching and analyzing issues, figuring out corrective actions and coordinating and communicating with involved parties.
• Experience Working with and coordinating activities of IT development, Data Operations, Technical Engineering, and Product Management groups on day-to-day activities to ensure the integrity of the production systems
• Ability to profile, analyze, and identify problem areas of a production system.
• Work with the above-mentioned groups to ensure efficient smooth implementations and ongoing support of new production systems.
• Development of defect corrections, production efficiencies, and product enhancements.
• Keeping support documentation current
• Weekend, night, and holiday second-level on-call work scheduled on a rotating basis.
• Experience with DevOps engineering or SRE
• Experience with monitoring and observability such as with Datadog, AppDynamics, SolarWinds, Splunk, and Nagios
• Experience using source control (Git, GitHub) and feature branching strategies
Preferred Qualifications: Great attitude to learn, respect for fellow employees, thinking out of the box, respectfully challenging ideas & hungry for innovation.
• Good Leadership skills capable of leading a team.
• Good communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Have a software-centric mindset and are capable of understanding the full software stack – and beyond.
• Embrace automation over manual effort
• Experience debugging complex problems and view problems as an opportunity to improve
• Experience designing, building, and operating large-scale production systems
• Experience working in enterprise-scale internal or customer-centric projects to completion, architecting technical solutions, and working closely with development & engineering teams.
• Provide attention to detail to design, problems, KPI’s, and demonstrate the ability to stay focused during critical production events and champion resolutions.
• Be able to gel in with the companies’ culture and effectively collaborate with other technology & business stakeholders.
About S&P Global Market Intelligence:
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence
Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
US Candidates Only: The EEO is the Law Poster describes discrimination protections under federal law.
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand competitive and industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.S&P Global Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.