The Location: Islamabad, Pakistan
The Team: Do you have a real passion for solving puzzles and seeking out answers? Do you want to begin a career in automation of big data tools? Our content automation team is looking for a data researcher to build and maintain Python scripts, work on maintaining the data inflow. If the above description intrigued you, we have an amazing career path available for you.
The Impact: We provide high quality and timely data and our Data Researchers perform the key tasks in data collection, maintenance and processing. We cater to the needs of multiple teams including Media & Industry counterparts who rely on our team in terms extracting, transferring and loading of data
What’s in it for you?
This team has a dynamic and ever-changing culture, using their extraordinary time management skills to tackle multiple tasks and projects. Every single day, you have the opportunity to collaborate with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and are able to develop a close team dynamic with coworkers from around the world. We offer an outstanding working environment.
- You will take care of the web crawlers, data parsers, scrapping data and multiple scripts to run the inflow of the data sets.
- You will work on multiple platforms to support the clients
- You will capture comprehensive information on the data tracked by the respective department
- You will craft reports of work performed during the day via reporting tools. This process will also involve extracting and validating data errors
- You will Review feedback involving their content to help correct errors and establish or refine procedures and processes to improve accuracy
- You will deliver on pre-defined individual and team targets including delivering outcomes with quality and perfection
- You will collaborate with your team to understand, improve or update processes and procedure
- You will get along with other related teams to complete tasks assigned to them. Will support within parameters and with supervision to ensure quality and performance to set standards
What we’re looking for:
Basic & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in computer sciences. Final year project/ Semester project in Python will be preferred.
- 0-2 years of meaningful experience
- Basic interest and understanding of Python
- Deep understanding of HTML
- Intermediate usage of Excel
- Basic knowledge & experience on SQL
At S&P Global Market Intelligence, we know that not all information is important—some of it is vital. Accurate, deep and insightful. We integrate financial and industry data, research, and news into tools that help track performance, generate alpha, identify investment ideas, understand industry dynamics, perform valuation and assess credit risk. Investment professionals, government agencies, corporations and universities globally can gain the intelligence essential to making business and financial decisions with conviction.
Market Intelligence is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies, and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/marketintelligence.
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions on the basis of merit, capability and equality of opportunity, and without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law, or any other characteristic that has no bearing on a person’s ability to perform his or her job.