We are looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor/ Commercial/ Contracts Manager as a part of our construction team, who would manage the commercial aspects of new and refurbishment projects. This will include pre and post-award contract administration, monitoring variations, preparation of valuations, payment certificates, cost reports and final accounts.
Major Activities Performed
- Examine the tender thoroughly, to accurately determine the quantity of the materials required so as to prepare bill of quantity to provide rational and competitive estimates enabling the company to win the tender, list all bonding/ security and insurance requirements and any special requirements listed in the tender documents.
- Coordinate with site team to obtain any additional information they have received from clients during the site visit/ pre-bid meeting. Provide the site team, before their scheduled site visit, with any clarification related the tender documents/ scope.
- Prepare and submit tender clarifications to Client and ensure Client responses are addressed in the final contract documents if there is any commercial or scope impact.
- Prepare the valuation report every month for each project till completion to keep track of all jobs completed (and their costs), prepare and submit the claim to the client / consultant for approval, receive the value certificate for the agreed value and forward the same to accounts for further processing.
- Prepare the payment certificates for sub-contractors based on the jobs completed, arrange to pay them in according to terms specified in their subcontracts.
- Prepare cost reports clearly indicating the status of processed, received and pending payments, obtain approval from the OM and forward the same to VP.
- Prepare detailed specifications and the estimates of additional costs in case of a variation in approved drawing or any addition to the job to obtain approval of the client.
- Prepare final accounts once the job is completed, coordinate with the site engineer to confirm all works are costed, prepare and attach necessary supporting documents, obtain approval of the OM and receive a payment certificate from the client in order to enable the company to collect outstanding amount on due date.
- Float, receive, evaluate the enquiry for the sub-contract items, prepare a detailed comparison of the quality of the items and the price quoted by them, obtain the OM/ PM‘s approval and appoint the appropriate sub-contractors.
- Manage all sub-contracts, sub-contract execution, ensure back-to-back terms with client are passed on to the sub-contract agreements, manage their performance, respond to and manage subcontractor claims for variations/ changes, review their invoices in collaboration with site time and issue payment certificates and prepare final account.
- Draft invoices with cover letter for Client’s review and approval, follow up of invoice with Client’s PM and discuss if any issues and submit final invoices for payments.
- Track retention amounts for each project and submit final invoices to Clients after ensuring all contractual requirements are met for release of retention amounts.
- Manage other overseas staff including junior QS and support staff members.
- Coordinate with Operations Manager (OM) for any office requirements (general, tools, communication etc.) personnel issues, salary payments to self and the other staff.
- Ability to read and interpret drawings.
- Ability to prepare engineering take-off (BOQ).
- Familiar with measurement standards such as CESMM3, SMM7 and POMI.
- Contract knowledge, Scope of Work, deviations, Change Orders, Site instructions.
- Interpret Contract Work Unit Rates, Time Unit Rates, Pricing Instructions.
- Preparation of Project deviations and tracking additional works.
- Knowledge of Contracts, Billing and Payment terms, etc.
- Verify and discuss with Planning Engineers to make quantities alignment.
Qualification and Experience Requirements
- Qualified Quantity Surveyor or bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Must have a minimum of 10 years’ experience.
- Strong experience in claims and evaluating claims is a necessity.
- Strong experience in Pre & Post contract administration
- Post contract project delivery experience is required.
- Excellent knowledge quantity surveying or cost management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership & staff management qualities.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Experience of using Primavera P6 is highly desirable.
- Able to work remotely without direction supervision.
The job will be performed remotely from Islamabad/ Lahore Office and working hours shall be 40/week. The successful candidate must be willing to work with US Eastern time (EST) zone for better coordination and engagement with the team. You are expected to be at your desk and online using instant messaging software during traditional EST business hours, 8am – 5pm. To work efficiently, the candidate must be well versed with latest collaboration tools such as OneDrive/ Dropbox, Outlook, Skype for Business and TeamViewer etc.
Benefits include competitive salary, paid vacation (after probation) and yearly bonus based on company and indidual performance.