Who we are
Are you looking for a challenge that is going to provide you experience in agile/scrum environments? Are you eager to work with frontend and backend cutting edge technologies? Do you want to learn about the latest technologies involved in the OTT video streaming ecosystem? Do you want to work in an international environment? STARZ PLAY offers you all of these challenges and more!
STARZ PLAY is a subscription video on demand service headquartered in Dubai and available in 19 countries in the MENA region. Our service streams thousands of blockbuster Hollywood movies, TV shows, documentaries, kids’ entertainment and dedicated Arabic content to subscribers in the region. This is what makes us the fastest-growing SVOD service in the region.
Due to huge success with expansion into new markets, we are opening an R&D Center in Lahore, Pakistan. Come join us and help to build great new technology in Lahore!
As a senior engineer, you will be at the cutting edge of how media and technology interact. Your primary role will be to contribute to delivering a superb user experience by executing a product roadmap and maintaining highly engaging and interactive applications for iOS and tvOS devices.
Success in this position will require contributing in the design and implementation of key parts of our frontend apps and backend infrastructure guided by senior members of our engineering teams and collaborating closely with the UX design and product management teams to define innovative UI and functionalities.
Senior iOS / tvOS development Requirements
- You are experienced in iOS and Apple TV development
- You have a good understanding of design patterns (MVC, MVVC etc)
- You have deep knowledge in latest Swift syntax
- You are experienced in UX / UI testing
- You are experienced in AVFoundation framework
- You are always thinking of ways to automate common flows
- Basic knowledge of performance improvement techniques
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Knowledge of well-known libraries like Alamofire, PromiseKit
- Github and/or StackOverflow profiles carry a lot of weight, so please forward if you have them.
- You are familiar with iTunes, AppStore, and app delivery processes, having apps on the store
For all the candidates
- You are eager to learn/understand video related technologies (over the top streaming protocols, CDN infrastructure, online video platforms, etc)
- You are willing to earn experience in DRM protected technologies/players
- You are familiar with TDD approach
- You feel comfortable working in an international environment.
- You are a team player and open to change with an amazing work ethic and fun and friendly attitude.
- Understanding the version control systems like Git
- You have an analytical mindset, problem-solving skills
- Completing each feature flawlessly is a must for you. You put attention to details and you cover the maximum scenarios in each case.
- Comfortable with agile/scrum development process and code reviews
- You are able to see the parts that must be abstracted from the software to make it more flexible and reusable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline.