The position is responsible for providing psychological support to GBV survivors including case management, providing timely referrals, report writing and contributing to the successful implementation of the project.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager the Psychologist will:
· Assist the GBV project Manager in the identification of most vulnerable cases.
· Provide an assessment on identified cases of persons at risk and survivors of GBV.
· The psychologist will open individual files for survivors, monitor the service provision and ensure that cases under assistance receive all the care and support needed.
· Psychologist will provide beneficiary/survivor access to immediate, safe and multi-sectoral services through referral, psychological support and quality case management for identified cases of GBV and Child Protection.
· The Psychologist ensures a timely referral to most appropriate services available (medical care, mental health and psychological support, legal counseling and assistance, safe shelter) according to the needs.
· Support the development and establishment of internal and external referral and coordination mechanism for assistance.
Counseling and Crisis Case Handling:
· Carry out telephonic counseling of callers i.e. youth, women and children
· Attend case supervision by discussing cases with experts.
· Attend all training activities organized by the department.
· Support Bolo Helpline Manager in handling Crisis Cases concerning GBV.
Standard Operating Procedures
· Ensure compliance with Standing operating procedures of Bolo Helpline.
· Ensure that all cases are dealt with keeping in consideration ethical protocols of handling GBV survivors of violence.
Please Note: Candidate who tries to influence the recruitment process will be automatically disqualified. Women and minority candidates are particularly encouraged to apply. Ready to work immediately.
SPO strongly prohibits Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA), accordingly; candidate background and reference check will be conducted.
Community and Social Development