The DBA will be responsible for tasks such as the development of best practices and repeatable procedures for deploying databases, day-to-day operational activities including break/fix, capacity management, backup and recovery, database replication setup/management and ongoing database change reviews. Additionally, the applicant should have experience of building and maintains large-scale and very high transactional MySQL databases on the Linux platform.
- Managing large scale MySQL databases
- Managing high transactional MySQL databases
- Solid understanding of MySQL internal architecture, demonstrated experience with MySQL database design, implementation, performance tuning, and capacity planning.
- Experience with enterprise backup and recovery strategies
- Experience in database software management (patch and version management)
- Good scripting ability and good working knowledge of Shell Scripts, Perl or Python.
- Demonstrated experience with Open Source/Linux development and production environments
- Hands on experience with designing and implementing database replication strategies
- Experience in designing and automating repetitive processes
- 5 years plus working with MySQL technology. Certified MySQL DBA is a plus
- Possess creative ability, credibility, self-confidence and independence
- Good team player with strong analytical, communication and troubleshooting skills
- Able to work under pressure and multi-task
- Pro-active, dedicated, committed and responsible
Switch (Pvt) Ltd is a value added reseller company which offers products and customized solutions geared towards the highly competitive and rapidly growing mobile and consumer markets. rnrnSwitch (Pvt) Ltd provides SMS based advertising and marketing solutions. It also specializes in customized cust ...Read More