· Manage the rollout of each new system delivery project as it comes from Sales, including unique installation and configuration issues.
· Manage and monitor the installed systems and their infrastructure
· Manage the configuration of each system as customer’s needs change.
· Serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of the systems
· Provide 1nd and 2rd level support for the installed systems
· Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and their infrastructure availability
· Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
· Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
· Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
· Prioritize and work with internal/external teams for the fixes/workarounds.
· Analyze frequent problems and report to development team.
· Maintain the Service level agreement (SLA).
· Continuously refine and promote Professional Services routines and documentation.
· Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
· At least Bachelor's degree or similar in Computer Science and 2-3 years of experience in the field or in a related technical area.
· Strong experience with Linux (Redhat, CentOS, Ubuntu) administration. Solaris experience will be a big plus.
· Experience with MySQL / MariaDB database, reports, backups and replication of databases. Knowledge of SQL queries optimization and indexes.
· Experience with server virtualization environments (VMware, KVM, AWS) preferred.
· Experience deploying mission critical systems, internal or on customer site.
· Experience with planning for SLA-quality support.
· Requires occasional/rotational 24x7 on call support upon notification of critical alert or due to maintenance to minimize outages for end user population.
· Stay abreast of advances and trends in technology and general business developments.
· Ability to configure and deploy server builds.
· Experience in scripting in some administrative language (Bash, Python).
· Experience with hardware and peripheral configuration.
· Must be proficient with ITILv3, ITIL foundation certification would be a big PLUS
· Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP), confident with networking, switches, routers and firewalls.
· Individual having experience of singling protocols SS7 and SIGTRAN will be preferred
· Good communication skills in English.
· Knowledge of telecom network architecture is a HUGE PLUS.
· Ability to travel to remote locations.
· A certain degree of creativity and independent work is required.
You enjoy handling customer requests with frequent customer contact, while multitasking large and small projects.
Synavos Solutions is a growing IT solutions provider with a global footprint in over 18 countries. We have emerged as a strong contender in development and deployment of innovative mobile top-up distribution system for telecom operators. We specialize in electronic recharge systems to provide robust ...Read More