General Responsibilities:Serves customers by identifying their needs; engineering adaptations of products, equipment, and services.
- Identifies current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.Provides product, service, or equipment technical and engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Establishes new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedule.
- Prepares cost estimates by studying blueprints, plans, and related customer documents; consulting with engineers, architects, and other professional and technical personnel.
- Determines improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Gains customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating cost reductions and operations improvements.
- Submits orders by conferring with technical support staff; costing engineering changes.
- Develops customer's staff by providing technical information and training.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; advising customer on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements; advising customer on needed actions.
- Prepares sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting system designs.
Create and finalize designs to meet project requirements.
Create accurate Bill of Materials/Quantities and conduct cost estimation.
Project Management: oversee project workflow and support internal and external resources to ensure timely delivery of projects, expected quality, and allotted budget.
Create customer documentation as needed for each project.
Maintain accurate records and files according to quality standard.
Commission customized products and systems onsite and at customer facilities.
Modifies systems upon customer’s request and documents the amendments accordingly.
Provide high quality pre-sales, design-in and post-sales technical support to customer.
Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.