An online tutoring website is currently up and running and needs a developer for long term website upgrade/improvements and bug-fixing. There is also an opportunity of major upgrades in the coming months subject to satisfactory work delivery and support provided by the chosen candidate.
The selected candidate will be required to work under the supervision of senior developer and will need to meet the targets set.
The points below summarise the key features of the website and the candidate should have prior experience in working with the below. A detailed understanding and experience working with Laravel framework is a must.
· Tech. Specs: CorePhp/Laravel framework, MYSQL database, Apache server, hosted on AWS.
· Website features: User account with access to online wallet integrated with Paypal and Worldpay, search functionality for tutor search within the website, lesson booking, calendar, chat messenger service.
· Website also hosts a virtual classroom based on worlday.net’s web-conferencing software license. The VC is fully integrated within the website and the application software is also hosted on the same server.
· Knowledge of web repositories, pulling/pushing codes including the use of AmazonCodeCommit and other git repositories.
Scope of work
· Job consists of developing a very good understanding of the existing website architecture and being able to have full control over the website. The candidate must be able to work independently with minimum supervision provided by senior devloper
· The work would involve reporting directly to our IT Manager/Senior Developer who will be monitoring and delegating tasks to you
· Carrying out periodic testing of the website and fixing the any bugs observed. Any bugs discovered by users will be immediately notified and would required immediate fix.
Website needs to have 100%availability and therefore 2high level of commitment is required.. It is expected that any issues will be resolved as soon as possible.
· Regular maintenance of the website including database optimisation
· Other than the regular maintenance and bug-fixing, additional work including website improvements (minor/major) will be required from time to time.
· The company soon intends to launch full-scale Mobile App (iOS + Android) work. Prior skills and experience in Mobile App will be highly acknowledged (but not necessary)
· The successful candidate shall be required to work for 45 hours a week.
· The normal timings will be 1pm to 9 pm Monday to Friday
· During the weekdays (Monday to Friday), the candidate will have to deliver 37 hours. He can take-off sufficient off after agreement from senior developer
· 8 am to 4 pm on Saturday