Recycling Unit (Haryali Hub)
PART 1 – JOB DESCRIPTION
The Business Development Coordinator is responsible for the development of business plans for both Hubs, management of the Hub operations with support from the UKAM project team and the outsourcing HR company, effective buyers management & product promotion and marketing to ensure the revenue streams through leveraging key learning’s, strategic partnerships & alliances and the knowledge & insight by Tearfund’s resource partner and consultants.
POSITION IN ORGANISATION
- Grade: A4
- Reports to the Project Director
- Line manages the Marketing Officer and Haryali Hub (recycling unit) Supervisors (2)
- Based in Karachi with frequent travel to the Haryali Hub sites in Malir and Kemari and other parts of Sindh for business perspectives
- Coordinates closely with the project team members as and when required;
- Interacts and shares learning and information with relevant team members at the Tearfund Country Office
- The position holder will be expected to adhere to and promote organizational values and principles while representing Tearfund;
- The position holder will be expected to adhere to Tearfund’s Code of Conduct as referred to in the Personal Conduct Policy;
- The position holder will be expected to strongly support, promote and maintain a robust safeguarding culture, in accordance with Tearfund’s Safeguarding Policy; this will include taking timely, decisive and recommended action(s) if and when confronted with a safeguarding issue at Tearfund, partner and/or community level;
CORPORATE POLICIES, MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS AND PROCEDURES
- Undertake all activities in accordance with internal management systems, operating procedures and policies and programmatic protocols; support team and organisational efforts to maintain compliance
- The position holder will be expected to adhere to Tearfund’s Quality Standards as and when required
Project Function/Department Management
- Take ownership of the project’s business development function and development of the Business Plan; ensure the proper implementation and management of the Business Plan;
- Ensure that the nature, scale, scope and implementation methodology of the Business Plan is properly communicated to and understood by the direct reports and Haryali Hub Staff;
- Ensure robust monitoring and timely corrective action with regards to the outworking of the Business Plan;
- Identify suitable markets for Haryali Hub products and conduct comprehensive market assessments/analysis focusing on relevant quantitative and qualitative aspects as required by the approved Business Plan;
- Identify and articulate the Haryali Hub value chain and conduct a comprehensive value chain assessment; utilize the results to create competitive advantage, improve efficiency and enhance profit margin;
- Develop and implement an effective marketing strategy for Haryali Hub services and products in coordination with relevant team members;
- Develop, manage, sustain and enhance the relationships/partnerships with relevant customers and stakeholders necessary to ensure the sustainability of the Haryali Hubs;
- Ensure the proper and consistent analysis, management and reporting of the individual revenue streams and the Hub cost structure;
- Ensure the availability and management of key resources required to deliver the Haryali Hub Business Plan;
- Ensure the proper planning and implementation of the key activities required to deliver the Haryali Hub Business Plan;
- Develop an internal system for regular discussion on the Business Plan so that challenges and solutions are adequately identified and appropriately handled;
- Ensure the availability of required information to the Project director in a timely manner; accurate recording, archiving and dissemination of information generated by the role is essential;
- In consultation with the Project Director, provide relevant internal and external stakeholders with high quality information as per their need, frequency, urgency and schedule; required level of discretion is to be maintained;
- Support the Project Director by organizing meetings with relevant internal and external stakeholders, recording and disseminating high-quality minutes and following up on decided actions.
- Work closely with Communications for Development officer for the development of reports and materials; ensure that content and presentation are to a high standard and ensure that required formats and submission deadlines are met;
- Support the Project Director by helping to develop and maintain an enabling environment for learning, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Lead and manage direct report and Haryali Hub staff to give clarity over plans and priorities, providing supervision, guidance and mentoring, encouraging effective teamwork and inclusiveness and building team spirit through regular meetings, interactions and events;
- Provide management support to direct reports in their management of others and their implementation of objectives, work plans and budgets;
- Work closely with the project SMT on the following
- Stakeholder & Community Engagement Coordinator to ensure that the segregated waste is coming to the Haryali hub sites and identify gaps areas and possible solutions for effective waste collection & recycling systems and communications for development of material.
- Work closely with the Grant & Finance coordinator to manage the financial management and bookkeeping of the Haryali Hub operations.
- Design the mechanism with the MEAL-R coordinator for ensuring the learnings are captured properly.
- Closely work with the Sr. Operations Coordinator and HR & Admin officer on the outsourced contracts and its management and Admin related tasks.
- Ensure Tearfund’s performance management system is effectively implemented within the department with objective setting, probationary review, regular catch-ups, performance appraisals, exit interviews carried out as and when required for all department staff;
- Conduct disciplinary and grievance procedure as and when required in conjunction with the Stakeholder & Community Engagement Coordinator;
- As part of the project team, support and promote effective teamwork and commitment to Tearfund’s Core Values and Quality Standards;
EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS / REPRESENTATION
- Participate in project activities and events as and when appropriate and represent Tearfund in these said occasions;
- Participate in workshops/trainings/events organized by the Country Office, UK office, and/or donors and give input on behalf of the project team and the organization;
- As and when directed by the Project Director, represent Tearfund to other INGOs, NGOs, government departments, government agencies, partners, associates, affiliates and other relevant stakeholders and ensure coordination and constructive working relations with the same;
- As and when directed by the Project Director, represent Tearfund to donor representatives and other visitors to the project office and working areas;