TechNerds Inc. is a place to learn, thrive, & grow – as people & professionals.
We are looking to hire an experienced Software Engineer to join our fast-growing agency. The Principal Software Engineer’s responsibilities include recommending adjustments to resolve software issues, improving the functionality of existing software, and ensuring that the design, application, and maintenance of software meets the quality standards of the company. You should also be able to mentor, guide, and train other engineers.
To be successful as a Software Engineer, you should be able to evaluate the user’s needs, time limitations, and system limitations when developing software. A stand-out Software Engineer is one who is up to date on new technologies and software development practices.
- Responsible for maintaining, expanding, and scaling websites and applications.
- Perform Requirement Gap Analysis and Requirements Specifications Reviews
- Work in Technical Specifications Documentation
- Publish and update technical architecture and user/process documentation.
- Participate in Proof of Concept (POC) and Proof of Technology(POT) evaluations, as required in different technologies/frameworks.
- Perform Code Reviews and work on Code Review Guidelines
- Guide a mid-level team of developers by recommending various solutions to resolve software issues, manage/delegate tasks, provide on-going support to developers as needed for coding guidelines
- Actively being involved in development activities and other necessary areas on a needed basis.
- Keep track and review progress on various existing projects
- Complete status check and audits on existing projects to identify bottlenecks, bugs, performance issues, etc
- Be able to contribute technically and lead the engineering team and ensure end-to-end delivery with technical excellence.
- Understand business problems and suggest appropriate technology solutions.
- Meet with executive team to determine capacity and be open-minded for optimizing operations on production floor strategically
- Must be able to advise ways and means to obtain performance metrics of applications and optimize applications
- Must possess excellent attention to detail and be able to familiarize and willing to quickly learn new Software/ framework/ languages/ technology
- Bachelor's/Master’s Degree in Computer Science and at-least 5-6 yrs. of professional experience.
- Proven working experience of Web Application Development and Database Development
- Aggressive problem diagnosis and creative problem solving skills.
- Hands-on in Architecting and developing large scale Core Java applications.
- Certified AWS would be highly plus+
- Working knowledge of Agile Methodologies e.g. Scrum
- Strong technical troubleshooting, diagnosing and problem-solving skills.
- Optimizing MySQL queries and databases to improve the performance
- Sound concepts of Architectural Patterns, Design Patterns, OOP and RDBMS.
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly, and master diverse web technologies and techniques.