Every year, there are 640,000 babies in Pakistan that die before they turn 1. The Ammi Service is an early-stage start-up based in Lahore focused on providing maternal health products and services to the people who need it most in Pakistan. We will be running a pilot of our prototype in January 2017 and are actively seeking field researchers to assist with data collection to better understand knowledge gaps in rural Punjab. This is a part-time position for 2 months, with the possibility of extension.
Summary of Key Requirements & Responsibilities (job functions include but are not limited to):
- Minimum requirement of post-secondary education – Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a health, science or business). A combination of education and experience will be considered
- Ability to conduct and record face-to-face interviews; demonstrate tact, courtesy and respect while speaking to people in rural areas
- Strong command of the Punjabi, Urdu and English language (written and oral)
- Ability to travel and work independently in Lahore and surrounding areas
- Strong financial/accounting acumen is an asset
- Knowledge of maternal health and/or healthcare system in Punjab is an asset
- Resourceful, innovative, and strategic problem solver; detail oriented with good judgment
- Leadership and communication skills, organizational skills, and interpersonal skills required
- Excellent knowledge and proficiency in various Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to receive direction, collaborate with others in setting goals, and work effectively in teams to achieve agreed upon goals
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
Our mission is to help address the skyrocketing infant mortality rate using a scalable, sustainable solution. As a talented, passionate, and hardworking candidate, a role with The Ammi Service will provide you with an opportunity to learn about the growing entrepreneurship space in Pakistan, social innovation, impact investment, international development and oversee the integration of your research in the design of our service. We are not looking for just any professional, but those with a deep desire to make a social impact in Pakistan.