The delivery of this role will certified Physician to provide over the phone medical advice, along with possible home visits from time to time. The ideal candidate is an intuitive healthcare professional whose diagnostic abilities are matched by their concern for their patients. They will be responsible for prescribing patients with appropriate treatment plans, health regimens and lifestyle adjustments that will contribute to their recovery from diagnosed health issues, prevent future health issues and/or promote a healthier life. The right candidate will have a passion for providing diagnostic services to patients and will enjoy working closely with other healthcare professionals in our organization. Your professional skills and knowledge within a healthcare domain will be critical in understanding and enabling a pro-active and caring client centric approach. The candidate will be required to build relationships within the healthcare sector in Pakistan to help the company increase sales and membership base.
Reports to: CEO, HO Strategy and HO Service Delivery , HR
· Maintenance of client, medical providers and emergency contact databases
· Implementation, design and review of SOP’s/Protocols relating to business services
· Liaison and follow-up with external care providers/organizations
· Processing and documenting member correspondence
· Provide reminders, follow-ups, tips and helpful relevant information to clients
· Research on treatments, facilities, insurance, and providers, globally
· Updating client data on electronic health record platform and any other data management protocols
· Work with the nursing/clinical team to provide patients with primary medical care services within the standard of care for Internal Medicine patients.
· Order laboratory and radiology tests and refer patients to specialists when appropriate and called for.
· Analyze reports, test results, medical records and examinations to diagnose condition of patients and propose treatment options.
· Prescribe pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens to treat identified and documented medical conditions.
· Discuss potential side effects of medication/treatment with patients and ensure that all allergy information is up-to-date before prescribing medication/treatment.
· Provide advice to patients for lifestyle and diet changes that may improve their health or help to treat the health issue they are experiencing.
· Adhere to departmental policies, procedures and objectives, ongoing quality improvement objectives and safety, environmental, and infection control standards.
· Maintain patient confidentiality and comply with all federal and state health information privacy laws.
· Develops, maintains, and implements nursing/care coordination policies and procedures that conform to current standards of practice, facility philosophy, and operational policies while maintaining compliance with state and federal laws and regulations.
· Communicates and interprets policies and monitors staff practices and implementation.
· Participates in daily or weekly management team meetings to discuss patient/client status, complaints or concerns.
· Ensures delivery of compassionate quality care and clinical supervision to patients
· Participates in the recruitment and selection of clinical personnel as required.
· Contribute to and manage accreditation processes as required
· Making contacts with clinical case managers and decision makers in hospitals, public and private clinics, and other sources of potential clientele
· Coordinates the implementation of all home care services, which includes nursing, physical therapy, nutrition and dietetics and physician visits to ensure that quality service is provided to meet client needs.
· Employee is required to be on call and available over the phone, and/or to make visits to homes of the patient as and when required. This is expected and likely to be outside of traditional working hours.
· Makes a positive impression on all sources of potential clients and patients to improve business outcome
· Meets and greets potential clients promptly, courteously and professionally
· Demonstrates a high standard of customer service that positively impacts patient and family satisfaction.
· Responds promptly and positively to patients, families, co-workers, and all others in a respectful, courteous and confidential manner.
· Participates in customer service training and continuing education.
· Demonstrates telephone etiquette that includes a clear voice, courteous response and ability to receive and direct messages.
· Demonstrates skill in applying cultural sensitivity in all encounters.
· Promotes and maintains a culture of safety.
· Ensures that all necessary communications that involve patient care are properly disseminated in a timely and confidential manner.
· Clinical competence in the area of practice nursing and administration
· Bilingual candidates preferred
· Professional qualification in management of patient care including core competencies demonstrating an understanding of basic anatomy and physiology, clinical definitions/terminology, hospital referral systems and care pathways.
· Being computer literate use of administrative and patient/client care solutions, mobile applications and video conferencing
· Handling client queries providing excellent customer service
· Recognized healthcare related professional qualification
· Last 3 years employment within a healthcare/patient management related role/position
· Attention to Detail
· Discretion and Judgement
· Strong speaking and writing skills