Data entry operator responsibilities include collecting and entering data in databases and maintaining accurate records of valuable company information.
Our ideal candidate must have an essential data entry skills, like fast typing with an eye for detail and familiarity with spreadsheets.
Previous experience as a data entry operator or similar position will be considered an advantage.
Ultimately, a successful data entry operator will be responsible for maintaining accurate, up-to-date and useable information in our systems.
- Insert customer and account data by inputting text based and numerical information from source documents within time limits.
- Compile, verify accuracy and sort information according to priorities to prepare source data for computer entry.
- Review data for deficiencies or errors, correct any incompatibilities if possible and check output.
- Research and obtain further information for incomplete documents.
- Apply data program techniques and procedures.
- Generate reports, store completed work in designated locations and perform backup operations.
- Keep confidentiality of information.
- Respond to queries for information and access relevant files.
- Comply with data integrity and security policies.
- Ensure proper use of office equipment and address any malfunctions.
- Degree level B.com / BA with a proven data entry work experience, as a Data entry operator.
- Experience with MS Office and data programs
- Familiarity with administrative duties
- Experience using office equipment, like fax machine and scanner
- Typing speed and accuracy
- Excellent knowledge of correct spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Attention to detail
- Organization skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks
- Skills Computer Skills Microsoft Office programing Research Data Entry