A key-role in post-production process where the incumbent shall be working closely with the Director to achieve best quality and delivery of the final product. As a Video Editor, the ideal candidate shall be responsible to work with and manipulate raw camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects.
Main Responsibilities are:
- Working on projects for post-production studios, television companies and corporate employers. The projects may include feature films, television programs, music videos, corporate training videos or advertisements.
- Receiving a brief/ outline of footage and/or a shot list, script, or screenplay.
- Assembling all raw footage, with camera shots either recorded or transferred onto HDD in preparation for inputting into the computer;
- Inputting uncut rushes and sound, synchronizing and storing them into files on the computer.
- Digitally cutting the files to put together the sequence of the film and deciding the usability; creating a 'rough cut' (or assembly edit) of the programme/film and determining the exact cutting for the next and final stages.
- Re-ordering and tweak the content to ensure the logical sequencing and smooth running of the film/video.
- Experimenting with styles and techniques including the design of graphic elements.
- Edit content in collaboration with the Director/clients to an exceptional standard using Adobe Premiere Pro CC / Adobe Audition.
- Choosing suggestions for the music, optical effects; where required.
- Determining exact cutting for final stages.