We are looking for an organized Staff Accountant to join the growing team at our company’s main office. The accountant will work closely with operations personnel, in order to handle the day-to-day bookkeeping. He must be able to manage financials and look after money matters at the company’s main office.
Tasks and Responsibilities
· Preparing asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analysing account information.
· Documenting financial transactions by entering account information.
· Recommending financial actions by analysing accounting options.
· Summarising current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
· Maintaining accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
· Reconciling financial discrepancies by collecting and analysing account information.
· Securing financial information by completing data base backups.
· Maintaining financial security by following internal controls.
· Preparing payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
· Answering accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations.
· Complying with federal, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
· Preparing special financial reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising account information and trends.
· Maintaining customer confidence and protecting operations by keeping financial information confidential.