As the Communications Officer, you will be responsible for writing and producing strategic communications that drive alumni engagement with the U.S. Embassy and Pakistan-U.S. Alumni Network (PUAN).
Successful candidates will develop creative ways to bring attention to alumni activities, community service projects, and study abroad opportunities through multiple social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and a dedicated blog
The candidate must write original news stories for the alumni blog; solicit and edit content from PUAN members; design, create, and upload multimedia content such as videos and image galleries to the blog and social media; and assist with web-related administrative tasks. The candidate will also support event planning and execution for PUAN events. These activities will require travel in Pakistan.
The selected employee will be evaluated on basis of his/her performance - especially in their ability to generate a proscribed amount of content, increase user engagement with PUAN social media content, draw additional traffic to PUAN’s social media pages and website, and enroll new members of the PUAN network.
· Represent the purposes, goals, events and activities of PUAN.
· Cultivate relationships and interview alumni of U.S. exchange programs to elicit news pieces, success stories and items of interest to post on the alumni news blog.
· Write, edit and manage all communications materials for PUAN, including blog content, social media updates, promotional materials related to exchange programs, newsletter, photo galleries, videos and conference programs to ensure PUAN is accurately represented.
· Write and edit 8-10 blog posts for the PUAN blog per month including stories about Alumni Grant projects; solicit additional “first-person” blog posts from alumni; post stories contributed by Embassy staff. Take photographs to support the news stories.
· Report on Alumni Small Grant Projects and PUAN Chapter Activities for dissemination via PUAN Blog and State Department newsletters, and to be shared with Embassy leadership and write success stories about prominent alumni.
· Report on thematic conferences and alumni reunions, take photographs and provide constant updates on social media about the events.
· Pitch ideas for potential stories about alumni and use news editorial and journalistic judgment to decide which alumni/event needs detailed coverage.
· Manage PUAN’s brand identity to ensure it is accurately represented in all promotional materials.
· Produce infographics and graphic designs for use on social media with simple software such as Canva.
· Manage PUAN’s social media pages (WordPress website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flickr etc) keep them updated and in line with PUAN’s social media policy, including security and code of conduct requirements.
· Provide social media training to PUAN chapter leaderships and to alumni as and when required.
· Be willing to travel extensively across Pakistan, be comfortable interacting with alumni from all ages, gender and backgrounds and have ability to work under deadlines.
Event Support and Administration (25%)
· Support event planning for national alumni reunions and conferences, such as logistics, venue booking, registration, securing speakers, etc.
· Assist with administrative support of the PUAN-USEFP office, such as record-keeping, data management, bookkeeping and alumni small grants monitoring.
· Other duties as assigned by Executive Director.
Education & Experience:
· Minimum Master’s Degree (or a U.S. Bachelor’s degree) in journalism, media studies, communication or related fields.
At least three of relevant work experience.
The United States Educational Foundation in Pakistan was established in 1950 by the governments of Pakistan and the United States. USEFP is guided by a binational commission composed of an equal number of Pakistanis and Americans, the Chairman alternating each year between a Pakistani and an America ...Read More