USP - PQM+ Pakistan is seeking a Safety and Security Consultant to manage safety and security in support of program implementation. Under the guidance of USP’s Director Global Security (based in Rockville, USA), and in close collaboration with the Senior Finance & Operations Manager (based in Islamabad, Pakistan) and third party service provider contracted to provide specific journey management support for USP traveler(s) arriving in Pakistan and working in the major cities. The Safety and Security Consultant will not usually be expected to travel but will be responsible for providing the PQM+ Pakistan program safety and security support in the following areas:
Scope of Work: -
- Continuous monitoring and sharing of relevant safety and security information with the Pakistan office and Director Global Security e.g., movement restrictions protests & demonstrations and serious incidents that may impact USP security
- Arrange, manage and monitor secure USP traveller movements including airport pick-up / drop-off and business travel.
- Brief and communication closely with the USP traveler and coordinate with the Director Global Security
- Communicate with the relevant security provider to arrange and manage pickup-up, drop-offs and local ground transportation and monitor activities closely when working with the USP traveler and coordinate with the Director Global Security.
- Continuously assess the Safety and Security environment and devise risk reduction measures as related to movement schedules, changes to travel schedule and sharing of relevant safety and security information to the USP traveler, Senior Finance & Operations Manager and Director Global Security.
- Work closely with the Senior Finance & Operations Manager, manage and monitor travel to include:
- Briefing incoming travelers of ongoing and likely incidents and events, hotel safety, travel safety and expected safety and security measures.
- The approval of visit locations based on adverse activities such as crime, terrorism and security force activity that may impact USP traveler safety
- The approval of travel dates based on ongoing environmental factors such as demonstrations and protests or national events
- Selection, screening, management and maintenance of all preferred transport and accommodation vendors
- Monitoring of traveler safety and security while in-country
- Close coordination with the Director Global Security to ensure he/she is updated with all significant movement points and areas of concern or problems.
Further responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Work closely with the Senior Finance & Operations Manager, maintain daily contact with traveler to establish their well-being, location and security environment in their area whilst in travel status