To manage the internal/external public relations of UMT. Builds and sustains UMT’s reputation for quality, reliability, and customer satisfaction. Writes and delivers press releases and handles all communication sent to the public.
• Develop and lead communications strategy, ensuring a clear and deliverable plan to maximize the impact and deliver the mission of UMT
• Lead day-to-day management of web, press office, social media, and digital communications
• Engage with stakeholders, supporters, and influencers to promote and manage the delivery of the communications strategy supporting the UMT objectives
• Generating high-quality and engaging content for all communications channels including web, social media, press, and digital.
• Building relationships with media and press, and generating and securing regular opportunities to be represented in the press and media.
• Provide expert advice and assistance to the senior team and project leads on all internal and external communications ensuring that PR plans, media releases, and internal communications follow best practices and are consistent with the organization’s values.
• Use analytics and reporting tools to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of communications and inform future tactics and strategies.
• Play a key role in delivering strategic objectives around campaigning by working with public affairs to deliver visible, high-impact campaigns that can influence stakeholders, and policymakers and mobilize supporters and stakeholders.
• Working closely with public affairs, contributing to the wider policy influencing work through drafting and editing of policy responses, briefings, and articles.
• Working closely with the Head of Events, on integrating event marketing with corporate and campaign activities.
• Building good external relationships with funders, partners, and other stakeholders.
• Support events staff to source high-quality and profile speakers, and contribute to events as required.
• Responsible for developing aesthetically vibrant copy and designs for web, print, social media, and advertising.
UMT is a premier, research-intensive private university dedicated to academic excellence. Our thinking, research, creative activity and people positively impact the world.