Main tasks and responsibilities:
· Working closely with another mobile app developer leading the other platform development.
· Deliver across the entire app life cycle –concept, design, build, deploy, test, release to app stores and support.
· Working directly with development and product managers to conceptualize, build, test and realize products.
· Gather requirements around functionality and translate those requirements into elegant functional solutions.
· Build prototypes at tech scoping stage of projects.
· Work along with the developers to create the server side system.
· Create compelling device specific user interfaces and experiences.
· Optimizing performance for the apps.
· Keep up to date on the latest industry trends in the mobile technologies.
· Explain technologies and solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders
· Proven commercial software development experience – desktop and mobile (Desirable).
· Examples of mobile applications for iOS or the Android (Required).
· Excellent knowledge in information architecture, human computer interaction and usability design principles.
· Ability to use analytic data and user testing to inform design decision.
· A passion for new consumer technology and the emerging media landscape.
· Ability to multi task and good time management skills.
· Ability to work on their own and as a part of the team.
· Excellent scoping and estimation skills.
· Excellent testing/ QA skills.
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to liaise with various departments locally and internationally.
· Strong OO design and programming skills in Objective-C.
· Familiar with iOS SDK (UIKit, Cocoa Touch, Core Data, Core Location, etc).
· Familiar with xcode.
· Strong OO design and programming skills in Java (J2EE/ J2ME).
· Familiar with the Android SDK.
· Familiar with Eclipse.
· Understanding of other compiled languages.
· Experience on web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML).
· Experience of development using web technologies.
· Experience with database back-end solutions, e.g. SQL, NoSQL.
· Knowledge of SQLite, MySQL or similar database management system.
· Experience with Map SDKs, e.g. Google Maps, Apple Maps etc.
· Good understanding of OO programming and design patterns.
· Experience building web and native apps.
· Experience using social media APIs.
· Ads integration using a 3rd party ad server (DART).
· Using version control (e.g. SVN).
· Excellent debugging and optimization skills.
· PHP frameworks (e.g. Zend).
· Creative design skills.
Competencies for success:
· Learning on the Fly
· Technical Learning
· Action Orientated
· Dealing with Ambiguity
· Presentation Skills
· Time Management
· Written Communications
· Problem Solving