We are looking for an Editor (English Literature), who can meticulously check and amend manuscripts written in British and American English. We offer great advancement opportunities for dedicated professionals.
The candidate needs to have the following skillset and responsibilities.
1. Good in spoken and written English
2. Good in Microsoft Word
3. Aware of grammatical rules and norms
4. Concentration, consistency, and attention to detail
5. Tact and diplomacy for dealing with authors and senior editors
6. Having passed IELTS or TOEFL tests, or having a O/A Level background is a plus
7. Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Linguistics, or other writing-intensive programs, or equivalent professional experience
This is a full time, office-based role. Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
We will give you a comprehensive writing style guide and grammar rule book and train you in correctly editing a British or an American English manuscript. In addition, your performance in our test counts for more than your qualifications, so if you think you have a firm grasp on British English, apply for the job.