WaterAid is an international non-governmental organisation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in the world’s poorest communities. WaterAid works by helping local organisations and governments to set up low cost and sustainable WASH solutions that can be managed by the community itself. WaterAid also seeks to influence the policies of other key organisations, such as governments, to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
The Kowledge Management Coordinator will support Policy and Advocacy team to build evidence and documentation for our work and disseminate results both internally and externally to enhancing the sector influencing the capacity of WaterAid in Pakistan (WAP) and its implementing partners. The KM Coordinator will be responsible for synthesising current evidence, and programmatic best practices and lessons learned to share with program staff, implementing partners, media and sector stakeholders.
Key Working Relationships
- The Research and Knowledge Management Coordinator will interact with key government departments at the Federal and provincial level, parliamentarians, journalists, WaterAid’s implementing partners and other key sector stakeholders (including NGOs, INGOs and other international development agencies)
- Internally the KM Coordinator will liaise with the Programme Manager, Manager BCC, and Manger Quality Assurance & Fund Raising, Communication Coordinator, Provincial Coordinators in Punjab and Sindh and other relevant staff of WaterAid in Pakistan.
· Organise current programmatic knowledge (best practices, lessons learned, and results achieved) across programmes
· Develop annotate bibliography and perform preliminary literature reviews and secondary analysis
· Capture, document and translate programme results into lessons and knowledge products, allowing for iteration and continuous improvement of the programmes.
Research and Documentation
· Contribute to designing and delivering policy-relevant research, policy recommendations and policy briefings.
· Identify, archive and sharing of national and subnational WASH data and information to support the development of media stories, policy briefs, and infographics.
· Support in communication and dissemination of programme publications inside and outside WaterAid.
Eligibilities and requirements
Education: Post-graduate / Masters’ degree in development studies, public policy or development economics
- Minimum 3 years experience of Knowledge Management, research and documentation based in Pakistan of which at least 2 years with any reputed international organisation
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in designing and conducting advocacy and communication products.
- Experience in writing content for advocacy and strategic communication
- Knowledge of working in various government departments at federal and provincial levels
- Knowledge of emerging development challenges in Pakistan particularly water, sanitation and hygiene.
- Good grasp on the role of policy analysis, research and advocacy work in the development sector.
- Knowledge of poverty, gender, social inclusion and development issues
- Knowledge of political structure, culture and policy-making process in the country
- Able to work effectively in a diverse team environment
- Willing to work additional hours at crucial times and to travel in the field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Computer skills (data analysis software, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and web searching/browsing)