Job Summary:The Officer-Communications is responsible for overseeing communication activities across the province and specifically in districts where the AGES project is being implemented. The Officer-Communications will be responsible for developing a variety of communication products which include, but are not limited to, taking photographs of AGES activities and beneficiaries, sourcing and writing success stories (using a prescribed template), interviewing stakeholders, community members, partners and beneficiaries’ for feedback and quotes. S/he will be responsible for maintaining a photo bank and sharing it with the AGES Communications team on a monthly basis. S/he will also support the coordination of provincial and district-level AGES events, and provide support to all AGES partner events/communications activities to ensure compliance with AGES and World Learning Branding and Marking guidelines, and to streamline approvals via the AGES Communications team in Islamabad.
• Building and maintaining relationships with local media and journalists.
• Strategizing on advocacy events and reporting feedback to the AGES Communication team.
• Supporting all events at the provincial and district levels
• Maintaining a database of vendors, designers (with an emphasis on seeking out women-owned businesses).
• Collecting testimonials, quotes, photographs and success stories.
• Assisting in producing internal and external communications, materials including video case studies, photo essays and documentaries in close coordination with AGES Communication team and AGES implementing partners.
• Ensuring branding compliance by AGES partners and sub-grantees on communications materials and obtaining photographic records.
• Maintaining photo bank on a monthly basis.
• Drafting press releases specific to the activities in the region.
• Coordinating the collection of quarterly, annual progress reports and event reports from the AGES Provincial Team for onward compilation and editing by the AGES Coordinator-Communications.
• Performing other relevant tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
• Good photography and photo editing skills required.
• Experience with (or interest in acquiring) with video editing, digital layout and design skills highly preferred.
• Exceptional writing skills in English and Urdu required; additional regional languages highly preferred.
• Ability to fully support translations of documents and content.
• Experience of working in and supporting USAID or other donor projects highly preferred.
• Understanding of USAID Branding and Marking will be an advantage.
• The candidate must possess strong coordination, communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to be a team player and quick learner, and demonstrate a high degree of willingness and attitude to contribute and take on additional responsibilities.