Job Summary:The Officer-Communications is responsible for overseeing communication activities across the province and specifically in districts where the AGES project is being implemented. The Officer-Communications will be responsible for developing a variety of communication products which include, but are not limited to, taking photographs of AGES activities and beneficiaries, sourcing and writing success stories (using a prescribed template), interviewing stakeholders, community members, partners and beneficiaries’ for feedback and quotes. S/he will be responsible for maintaining a photo bank and sharing it with the AGES Communications team on a monthly basis. S/he will also support the coordination of provincial and district-level AGES events, and provide support to all AGES partner events/communications activities to ensure compliance with AGES and World Learning Branding and Marking guidelines, and to streamline approvals via the AGES Communications team in Islamabad.
• Building and maintaining relationships with local media and journalists.
• Strategizing on advocacy events and reporting feedback to the AGES Communication team.
• Supporting all events at the provincial and district levels
• Maintaining a database of vendors, designers (with an emphasis on seeking out women-owned businesses).
• Collecting testimonials, quotes, photographs and success stories.
• Assisting in producing internal and external communications, materials including video case studies, photo essays and documentaries in close coordination with AGES Communication team and AGES implementing partners.
• Ensuring branding compliance by AGES partners and sub-grantees on communications materials and obtaining photographic records.
• Maintaining photo bank on a monthly basis.
• Drafting press releases specific to the activities in the region.
• Coordinating the collection of quarterly, annual progress reports and event reports from the AGES Provincial Team for onward compilation and editing by the AGES Coordinator-Communications.
• Performing other relevant tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
• Good photography and photo editing skills required.
• Experience with (or interest in acquiring) with video editing, digital layout and design skills highly preferred.
• Exceptional writing skills in English and Urdu required; additional regional languages highly preferred.
• Ability to fully support translations of documents and content.
• Experience of working in and supporting USAID or other donor projects highly preferred.
• Understanding of USAID Branding and Marking will be an advantage.
• The candidate must possess strong coordination, communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to be a team player and quick learner, and demonstrate a high degree of willingness and attitude to contribute and take on additional responsibilities.
Welcome to World Learning, a nonprofit organization working to empower people and communities and to strengthen institutions around the world through education, sustainable development, and exchange programs. Our mission is to create the change necessary for a more equal, prosperous and peaceful ...
Welcome to World Learning, a nonprofit organization working to empower people and communities and to strengthen institutions around the world through education, sustainable development, and exchange programs. Our mission is to create the change necessary for a more equal, prosperous and peaceful ...Read More