Delivery of high quality code conforming to industry standards and best-practices
• Active interest and involvement in the full development life-cycle of software deliverables (requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing deployment, on-going system support/maintenance)
• A commitment to maintain the applicability and correctness of software deliverables produced, guaranteeing their alignment to business requirements and company goals
• Actively contribute in the Design & Architecture of the assigned project
• Fosters an environment of teamwork and encourages innovation
• Assist in meeting the evolving needs of the organisation by participating in the short and long term strategic planning for the department, selecting and utilizing appropriate hardware, technologies and identifying software enhancements and tools
• Ensures that all relevant process, quality and security guidelines are embedded in the designs from the early stages
• Assist in identifying any missing procedures and processes and put such processes in place
• Assist in the development of appropriate standards and practices and ensure that they are documented, maintained and applied to all projects and services
• Follow the development life-cycle and technology standards adopted by the organisation
• Able to work on his/her own initiative and without supervision
• Demonstrates strong customer, quality, cost and delivery focus
• Availability to travel for training purposes to offices in Malta or Singapore
• At least 6 years’ experience in software development in general, 3 of which in C++, along with the ability to learn new languages as and when required (ability to adapt and pick up new techniques and technology)
• Good knowledge of international IT and Mobile Telecom standards and protocols - Signalling System No. 7 (SS7)
• First or Post-Graduate Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or equivalent.
• Knowledge and experience in Service-Oriented-Architecture (SOA), service-bus implementation and distributed systems/services would be an asset
• RDBMS and SQL knowledge
• Knowledge of Agile methodologies and related software technologies (git, JIRA etc.)
• Sound understanding of Object-Oriented Programming (OOP) and design patterns.
• Basic knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals
• Project Management skills will be considered as an asset.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal & written) and fluency in English to facilitate communication with colleagues and external parties.
• Self-starter, problem solver with the ability to work independently.
• Ability to work in groups and fulfil a leading role with other developers and other departments to achieve a common goal
• Strong work ethics – with a passion towards achieving high precision and quality of work produced. Reliable time keeping and attendance.
Zeta Technologies is a young yet energetic company backed by pool of seasoned professionals having over a decade of experience in providing IT and Telecom services which is reliable, professional and sensitive to its customers’ needs. Zeta Technologies has achieved excellence in providing business c ...Read More