· installing, supporting, and maintaining servers or other computer systems, and planning for and responding to service outages and other problems.
· Identify departmental needs and make suggestions regarding technical direction. Design and implement system security and data assurance.
· Configure networking connections.
· Able to maintain a fault tolerant fully redundant system with access control.
· Help configure software’s and databases, webservers + data base servers.
· Scripting for database backups + Manual backups. Generate/Retain system backups.
· Maintain different types of software, including reporting, business applications, operating systems, network control systems, and middleware.
· Able to configure server/installation on his/her own.
· BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
· 3+ years of practical experience in a medium sized organization.
· Certification is a definite plus
· Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux and windows based environments.
· Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, MySQL)
· Experience with configuring databases MySQL and SQL server.
· Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
· Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
· Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python)
· Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)