The Ministry of Planning, Development and Reforms (MoPDR) seeks to hire the services of an individual to support its Technical Support Unit for Civil Registration and Vital Statistics (CRVS).
A strong Civil Registration and Vital Statistics (CRVS) system is a fundamental requirement for, and a sign of, a strong and developed economy. Knowledge of population size, structure, and changes (e.g., births, deaths, and causes of death) becomes a necessary means for a government to plan, implement, and monitor the development programs. The significance of improvement of Civil Registration and Vital Statistics (CRVS) has recently been emphasized around the globe. CRVS data is critical to support the functioning of National Systems and for a number of other government functions. Pakistan like several other countries of the region do not have credible registration of births and deaths and lack in reporting the complete and accurate cause of death data. Unfortunately, information disaggregated by age, gender, location and/or socioeconomic status is also not available like for many developing nations. This retards use of vital statistics in planning and management processes.
To meet this challenge a Technical Support Unit has been established within Ministry of Planning Development and Reform (in PPMI Complex H 8/1- Islamabad) for the promotion and strengthening of Civil Registration and Vital Statistics and bridging the inter-sectoral coordination gap that exists at various administrative levels. This unit would facilitate the CRVS strategic planning process and institutional promotion at both federal and provincial levels. UNICEF is extending logistics support for the development and functioning of this unit for the initial years.
As CRVS is an inter-disciplinary subject, with a long list of stakeholders. For this tremendous intersectoral coordination is desired for its promotion. Similarly, efforts are desired for ensuring the CRVS program sustainability on the long-term basis. Towards this end, in-depth understanding of scope and working of potential CRVS departments/organizations etc, with clear demarcation of areas of overlaps and variations would be desired. In addition, expertise in coordination and consensus building, planning and project development would be needed to achieve envisaged objectives
Scope of Work
- Key responsibility of the Communication officers is to facilitate Inter-Sectoral Coordination for smooth implementation of TSU activities.
- To facilitate the consultation process for CRVS Strategic Planning, sustainability and longer-term plan development
- To assist in organization and implementation of CRVS Baseline or research studies, and province-specific assessments.
- Provide assistance in the design, execution, finalization of CRVS National/Provincial Strategic Plan and long-term project / PC-I
- To assist TSU in manoeuvring media support for CRVS promotion.
- To assist in the orientation and training of managers and field staff in CRVS disciplines
- To develop meeting reports, concept notes, proposals, briefs, as per need
- To help in the development of proposals and plan for CRVS promotion
- Any other duty assigned by the Supervisor.
Time Frame / Duration
Initially till June 2019, and extendable for at least a year based on the satisfactory performance of the incumbent, and the availability of funds