1. Should be able to plan and develop merchandising strategies that balance customers' exectations and company 's objectives.
2.Ability to analyze sales figures, customers' reactions and market trends to anticipate product needs and plan product ranges.
3. Collaborate with buyers, suppliers, distributors and analysts to negotiate prices, quantities and time scales.
4. Should have ability to maximize customer interest and sales levels by displaying products appropriately.
5. Forecast profits, sales and plan budgets.
6. Monitor stock movement and consider markdowns, promotions, price changes, clear outs etc.
7. Should be able to build constructive customer relationships and team with channel partners to build pipeline and close deals.
8. Remain up to date with industry's practices.
9. Should have good interpersonal skills.