Procurement Engineer will be responsible for managing procurement activities of EPC projects material like Electrical, Instrumentation, civil and Mechanical & Piping items. He should have sound knowledge of sourcing materials/equipment, developing RFQs, vendor development, negotiation, decision making and supply chain management.
- Responsible for end to end procurement activities related to the purchase and delivery of equipment/materials within the framework of company policies, project budget limitations and schedule established by the each project.
- Initiating, managing and execution of Contracts & POs for both foreign & local procurement.
- Streamlining purchase requisition receipt from Engineering Dept. according to project schedule.
- Prior to ordering, check all ex-stocks availability in central stores and sub stores.
- Identify competent new vendors/service providers and develop and maintain approved vendor list.
- Maintain the BOQ with updates from suppliers until after awarding the contract.
- Reiterate with suppliers for finalization of quantity and quality.
- Ensuring active query resolution between supplier’s & project team to ensure product compliance & delivery schedule compliance.
- Supplier sourcing & Pre‐qualification for project based items, & supplier List.
- Negotiate pricing contracts with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Establish delivery terms, time and stages of inspection for the supply with project management team.
- Maintain current market knowledge on material availability and alternative sourcing in order to reduce cost.
- Developing and maintaining a viable supplier database and undertake vendor screening with random visit and inspection at their sites.
- Tracking and expediting of Shipment.
- Client acceptance/rejection, warranties and other related follow up matters with the supplier till completion of Project.
- Arrange and participate in meetings between suppliers and Company engineers and other personnel to facilitate standardization and economical procurement.
- Assist Tendering and Costing Department as required.