Senior Support Service Engineer –permanent position, full time, reporting to Head of Support Services (HSS)
- Ascertia is a global leader in PKI and high-trust electronic signature solutions. The company designs and develops software products in-house and sells these to a global audience, mainly through a network of local reseller partners.
- Ascertia has experienced solid revenue growth and is hiring new team members.
- The Senior Support Service Engineer will be responsible for product support, service support and relevant operational systems.
- They will assist in Proof of Concepts, post-sale installation delivery and configuration projects.
- The Senior Support Service Engineer will be part of a team providing the best level of service in the PKI and high-trust electronic signature industry.
- The role involves working closely with the Sales, Customer Success, Development and Partners to engage with Ascertia’s customers to fully support and serve their needs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work as senior member of the Ascertia support team to drive successful outcomes within the defined response times
- Ensure that inbound support requests are clearly defined, categorized and prioritized for effective follow-up while on shift.
- Work with the team to build an effective technical knowledge base with relevant, reusable material and create and maintain relevant documents
- Assist where required to provide internal service status on support cases and projects to Management, Sales, Customer Success, CTO and Management
- Work effectively with the senior support team members to plan for the release of new product versions and any new support service information
- Work closely with Customer Success to manage any complex customer deployments, issues or items that need careful management to ensure successful outcomes
- Provide detailed and effective reports of product bugs, recommendations and enhancement requests to the development
Operational systems support
- Work with the Senior support team on all operational tasks for external facing Ascertia services, including SigningHub.com and ADSS Servers where they are hosted as a private or multi-tenanted service
- Work effectively Senior support team to plan any changes or upgrades to Ascertia hosted online services
- Ensure effective communications for any planned cloud service interruptions to customers and partners in line with agreed SLAs
- Identify process, structure or operational improvement areas, discuss and implement solutions to address these with the Head of Support Services
- Coach and mentor the Support team.
- Ensure Partner and customer information, including case, deployment and contact details are up to date in cloud case tracking and CRM tools
Team communication and feedback
- Work with HSS to build an effective team who are service, solution and success focused, who exhibit clear professional communications, a “can do” attitude and a respect for good security practices
- Ensure that there is feedback to relevant teams with any useful information such as upsell opportunities or product innovation items or licensing questions
- Provide feedback to HSS and CTO on items that could simplify support services efforts or help facilitate larger scale product deployments, so that products are developed in a way that makes them easy to install, configure and set up with appropriate resiliency and high availability
- Knowledge of Ascertia’s strategic products – ADSS Server and SigningHub is desirable, as is a good understanding of PKI, EU eIDAS Regulation and GDPR.
- This is an advanced technical service role requiring 5 years’ experience of installing and configuring operating systems (Windows and Linux), databases and managing cloud services such as Microsoft Azure and AWS.
- Flexibility is required to work when, where and as required to ensure service tasks are completed quickly and effectively to a consistently high standard, ensuring customer and partner satisfaction and importantly repeat annual business.
- The role requires excellent self-discipline and timekeeping to manage concurrent tasks.
- Market competitive remunerations
- Provident Fund, medical allowance, medical insurance
- Six monthly bonuses
- Six monthly appraisals
- Paid holidays
- Complementary meals
- Night and weekend shift allowance
- Team building activities along with regular social events
- Company sponsored yearly excursion trips such as cricket, gaming or clubs
Why work for Ascertia?
- Ascertia is a UK limited company.
- The focus of the company is the development of high trust PKI products particularly focused on long-term digital signatures, mainly sold through our global partner network.
- Ascertia is a recognized brand for high trust cryptographic security.
- A good number of the security industry leaders recommend or resell Ascertia products.
- Gartner rates Ascertia very well for our leadership position in providing high trust digital signature solutions and our global delivery capability.
- We are a successful global provider of products and services with a friendly and caring approach to our colleagues.
- We are a friendly team of people that focus on getting the right relationships with our key partners and clients.
- Around the world there are approximately 100 staff with a strong focus on R&D and technical high trust sales.
- Ascertia has seen strong year on year growth and needs to expand it Customer Service and Operational teams.
- There is excellent growth potential at Ascertia.
- There is no limit to the progress a successful candidate can make.
- We are heavily dependent on the personal skills and experience people bring and the way these can be harnessed for company and personal success.
Since 2001, Ascertia has been a global leader in delivering high-trust solutions for digital signatures, time stamping, certificate validation, certificate issuance. Ascertia has two strategic products:
SigningHub (more business focused) delivers a complete signing solution enabling organization to workflow documents for digital signature approval. When integrated into core business applications or used standalone, Signing Hub optimists how internal and external users can review, approve and sign documents at any time on any device. Available as an on-premise product, private cloud service or multi-tenanted public cloud service.
ADSS Server (more technical focused) is an advanced framework product that offers a full range of PKI related services. It is the cryptographic engine that powers Signing Hub and includes support for qualified and AATL certificates, central key management, local and remote signing and long-term signature creation and verification. Modular license options exist for CA, RA, OCSP, SCVP, TSA, central signing, local signing, authorized remote signing and long-term archiving.