We are looking for an experienced professional having hands-on experience with managing and supervising the International Tax Reporting and Compliance matters in Europe, Australia, Pakistan and USA.
- Timely and accurate filing of various Tax Return at HMRC , ATO, IRS, FBR and various other EU portals.
- Maintain proper VAT adjustments on flagged invoices and resolve discrepancies.
- Upholding Tax, Compliance & Statutory returns calendar.
- Manage assessment and ongoing litigation; if any.
- Liaison with international Banks and Merchant Services providers.
- Developing and implementing policies/procedures for the business to ensure compliance with local conduct of business rules and any regulatory or market developments.
- Implement new company protocols that comply with newly reviewed government or industry regulations.
- Undertake regulatory compliance matters, to create regional and global compliance structure in line with our company’s capabilities and compliance needs including but not limited to data protection and privacy matter.
- Responding to question/information requests from regulatory authorities.
- Create and implement effective action plans in response to audit discoveries and compliance violations.
- Collaborating with other departments (e.g., HR, IT, Digital Marketing, Digital Sales and Supply Chain etc) to identify and resolve compliance issues.
- Develops and supervises a system for uniform handling of alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and standards of conduct.
- Respond to internal and external inquiries about compliance issues, utilizing appropriate sources for accurate research.
- Respond to ethics and policy questions, provide training, implement and monitor compliance systems across the organization.
- Develop and mitigate the financial or operational risks.
- Reconciliation of bank statements, accounts payable and receivable.
- Maintain and evaluate accuracy of Ledgers and accounts and closing afterwards.
4-5 years Compliance experience within the Marketing and distribution industry.
- Experience providing strategic advice and counsel to Senior Management.
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field, ACCA preferred.
- Proven work experience of at least 3 years in FMCG/Retail/ Distribution industry.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close out process.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Good presentation and strong communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.