We are looking to hire IT Helpdesk Officer for our Karachi Office. The candidate will be assisting the existing IT/Network Operations team to ensure the computer network performance meets company and user satisfaction.
- Serving as the first point of contact for end-user support of computer systems/network on a routine basis via IT Helpdesk.
- Assists the Network team in designing and configuring the company's local, wired and wireless, and voice systems.
- Manages the daily activities of local network systems and perform diagnostics.
- Responsible for installation, administration, and testing of operating systems, software, switches, cabling, and other related network components/equipment under the guidance of the Team Lead in accordance with published standards.
- Assists the Network team in developing, monitoring, and implementing network security procedures for safeguarding all networking systems.
- Maintains records of work completed and in-progress; and updates network documentation to record installations, upgrades, configurations, etc.
- Manages network management programs and assists the Team Lead in preparing network status reports.
- You must be able to prioritize remediation of issues in an environment with critical uptime requirements.
Job Qualification & Specifications
The below certifications/trainings are highly desirable in addition to the above requirements:
Nice to Have
- Bachelor's degree in the Computer Science/IT or equivalent and at least 1 year of experience in the Computer Systems/Network field.
- CCNA certification in either Routing & Switching or security.
- Microsoft Certified Professional in Server Infrastructure.
- Must have knowledge of the following:
- Networking protocols, and standards
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, WSUS, WDS
- Windows Operating Systems
- Network cabling standards and able to make network cables when required
- VPN and VPN tunnels
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Keen interest in Computer hardware, operating system and networks.
- Must have excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Varied shift schedules may include day or evening hours.
- Knowledge and experience with Linux servers
- Knowledge and experience with Firewalls.
- Knowledge and experience with Network Monitoring Tools.