INTECH Process Automation has a legacy of over 25 years of providing the automation & software intelligence solutions to huge and renowned Oil & Gas clients including Shell, Total, ExxonMobil, Schlumberger, and many others down the list, around the globe. Company is headquartered in USA, with another International headquarters in Dubai-UAE. As of now, operating 5 Continents wide (USA, Africa, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East), having offices in 13 Countries.
Right at the moment, we are looking to hire an Application & Technical Support Engineer who will be based in Karachi Office. Below are the core responsibilities that the incumbent shall perform;
· Works under the Lead Engineer or Project Manager or Sales Manager to execute assigned tasks related to the project
· Responsible of timely responding to every technical support request from customer.
· Responsible for responding, guiding and troubleshooting of technical problems over company provided telephone. Response range shall be 24 Hrs. and 7 Days a week.
· Responsible to mobilize to client’s site within 02 Hours (including after office hours, weekends and gazzeted holidays) for critical or plant wide problems.
· Responsible to mobilize to client’s site within one day for non-critical problems and routine maintenance.
· Responsible for sign off from customer for all time sheets and technical support reports.
· Since job is primarily focused on providing after sales services in South and especially in Karachi therefore candidate shall be resident of Karachi city.
· Manages and record keeping of all latest customer application backups
· Must possess customer oriented attitude and have capability of customer relationship management
· Responsible for active participation in DCS/PLC programming and HMI development for any project which lies under South Pakistan Territory
· Responsible for active participation in system design, hardware (panel, hydraulic, pneumatic, instrumentation, electrical, network etc.) design and software design under supervision of PM/Project Lead for any project which lies under South Pakistan Territory
· Responsible to develop and use engineering tools/processes to ensure efficient development and quality of project deliverables under supervision of PM/Project Lead
· Understand / Develops project and after sales technical support related documentation (Schedules, Drawings, Layouts, Instruction Sets, Training Manuals, Commissioning and Troubleshooting plans etc.)
· Provides support remotely or in person for internal testing and FAT
· Carries out site work with frequent travelling in any part of Pakistan or any INTECH office
· Maintains/ manages query lists for all internal as well as customer related queries when working directly under the Project Manager
· Must understand basis sales terms in order to participate in Bid submission, Bid Opening, Contract sign off and project kick-off meetings
· Ensures that there is only one turn around for all the deliverable, i.e. the quality of task done by him is such that it needs just a brief review and reporting to PM / Project Lead / Sales Manager
· Ensures that the deliverables meet all criteria of good engineering practices and conform to international as well as INTECH’s standards
· Ensures that all deadlines are met.
· Responsible for overall satisfaction with the quality of the assigned tasks
· Finds solutions to the technical problems related to the project
· Responsible for enforcement of Company QMS and safety standards on all assigned tasks.
· Responsible for reporting the time in Project Server