We are looking for a business development manager having at least 5 years of commercial experience in IT/software sales. You will be working to target clients for Software Development, IT and security related projects/contracts. You will support the company’s business development goals and management of a portfolio of new and existing clients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities :
• Work with IT, Security and Research departments to understand the business and make sales and marketing plans according to available resources
• Conduct prospect, industry and market research to find and identify potential customers and their requirements
• Initiate discussions with customers to introduce our services
• Work with the clients and technical department in the company to refine initial requirements
• Assist in the preparation of proposals, quotations, contracts and other business development processes
• Engage with the clients and technical departments throughout all stages; requirements gathering, project development life cycle, after sales support etc.
• Create and improve business development strategies and methods targeting the UK and International markets
• Maintain records of clients, contracts, invoices and revenue
• Facilitate Deals and Transaction with International Client
• Negotiate and Close Transactions
• Prepare monthly sales forecasting reports, regular business and financial growth reports and present to Directors and other Stakeholders
• Ensure customer satisfaction for the services offered and maintain customer testimonials
• Create a strategy to engage with clients for long-term on multiple projects
• MBA or Degree in IT/Sales or similar
• At least 5 years of proven working experience as a business development manager, sales executive or similar role
• Previous experience in sales including B2B and B2C
• Strong understanding of technology, digital transformation and how it can be used to solve business challenges
• Knowledge of UK and International markets, business development processes and techniques
• Excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills
• Fluent in English (both face to face and on the phone), good writing skills for drafting, editing and proofing
• Ability to work on MS Office(Excel, Word, PPT), PDF and ability to work in IT environment(computer/internet/emails) efficiently
• Background in IT Sales, preferably in Software or Security Software related sales
• Excellent planning and time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• A self-starter with a high level of enthusiasm and self-motivation
• Willing to travel locally and overseas when required
• UK/EU Full driving licence
• Experience in Project Management
• Experience in managing multiple Software/Mobile App/Web development projects
• Experience in Software/Web Development
• Experience in security related services
• Knowledge in consultancy business and services
• Ability to communicate in other languages such as French, German, Spanish, Chinese
Note: The list is not exhaustive but indicative and the nature and scope of your duties is subject to change in line with needs of the business.
We do try to reply to each application personally, however as you can appreciate we receive a high number of applications for each role we handle and it is not always possible to do this. Therefore if we do not contact you within 28 days, your application for this particular role has not been successful. However we have retained your CV and we will advise you of future roles that may be of interest.
Novus Altair Ltd. is an equal opportunities employer.