To monitor and maintain the computer systems and networks within an organization. To fix the issues or changes required, such as forgotten passwords, viruses or email issues.
- Installation and configuration of computer systems, diagnosing hardware/software faults and solving technical problems, either over the phone or face to face.
- To provide support after-sales of Software or equipment’s to companies
- To work with customers/employees to identify computer problems and advising on the solution
- Logging and keeping records of customer/employee queries
- Analyzing call logs so you can spot common trends and underlying problems
- Updating self-help documents so customers/employees can try to fix problems themselves
- Working with field engineers to visit customers/employees if the problem is more serious
- Testing and fixing faulty equipment
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- An ability to assess each customer/employee's IT knowledge levels
- Ability to deal with difficult callers
- Logical thinker
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Up-to-date technical knowledge
- An in depth understanding of the software and equipment your customers/employees are using
- Good interpersonal and customer care skills
- Good accurate records keeping
- Good Communication and Persuasive Skills