What You’ll Do as an Entry-Level Data Scientist:
- You will implement and validate predictive models as well as create and maintain statistical models with a focus on big data.
- You will be exposed to and incorporate a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques such as logistic regression, experimental design, generalized linear models, mixed modeling, decision trees, neural networks and ensemble models.
- You’ll communicate with internal and external clients to understand business needs and provide analytical solutions.
- You will use leading edge tools such as COGNOS, Watson Studio and Watson Machine Learning.
- You’ll work in an Agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, engineers, and database administrators of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of predicting behaviors.
Who You Are:
- You are great at solving problems, debugging, troubleshooting, and designing & implementing solutions to complex technical issues.
- You thrive on teamwork and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have strong technical and analytical abilities, a knack for driving impact and growth, and some experience with programming/scripting in a language such as Java or Python.
- You have a basic understanding of statistical programming in a language such as R, SAS, or Python.
- You have an interest in, understanding of, or experience with Design Thinking and Agile Development Methodologies
Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Basic understanding of statistical programming in a language such as R, SAS, or Python.
- Experience with programming/scripting in a language such as Java or Python.
- Knowledge of statistical concepts such as regression, time series, mixed model, Bayesian, clustering, etc., to analyze data and provide insights.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Advanced knowledge of statistical concepts such as regression, time series, mixed model, Bayesian methods, clustering, etc., to analyze data and provide insights.