PRAL is looking for an experienced Procurement Specialist who has both broad and deep knowledge of Procurement in accordance with PPRA RULES and also to supervise Procurement and managing expenditure and suppliers to the company through the creation, development and application of professional procurement practices to maximize value from externally sourced products and services.
Procurement Manager job contain the following duties and responsibilities:
- Work with the Procurement Head, the Purchase Committee, Internal Auditor, Inventory Department, Accounts Department and Management to apply professional procurement techniques for supply Chain for all required items and services and process the payment cases on successfully execution/delivery.
- Well versed in preparation of RFPs for purchase through tender, Expression of Interest (EOI), evaluations of bids, approval processes as per company Rules & issuance of P.O.
- Coordination and Management with all relevant department on all requirements of other internal department for procurement.
- Preparation of evaluation documents Bid Opening Sheet, comparative statement supplier evaluation grid, framing purchase committee proceedings and recommendations for the Competent Authority.
- Preparation of various related to the issuance and award of tenders which may include approval to bid, prequalification requests, advertisements, potential supplier evaluation criteria, issuance of bid documents and tracking, regret letters correlating of documents.
- Contract preparation and subsequent signing with the vendors.
- Take responsibility for a designated group of suppliers and ensure a structured and professionally applied is implemented and maintained.
- As required run professional tender processes to ensure the objective and secure selection of suppliers for goods and services to the company in according with PPRA Rules.
- To analyze, interpret and where required present the results of market analysis, tender results and strategic recommendations to senior management.
- Create supply strategies which ensure continued Compliant, High Quality, Secure and Cost Competitive products and services are supplied to the company.
- Working with seniors to apply appropriate supply agreements for goods and services to the Company. When in place ensure these are appropriately managed and updated.
- Prepare information for use in SOP and Management /PC meetings as required. Represent Procurement in these meetings as and when required.
- Prepare and maintain information for use within the Company relating to procurement performance.
- Recommendation for appropriate procurement method (direct contracting, Negotiated Tendering, Open competitive bidding or petty purchases) in view of defined procurement threshes holds.
Skills required for the position:
- Ability to work effectively under pressure of meeting tight deadlines.
- Verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with employees and external entities & with the ability to work in multicultural environment.
- Working with a sense of ownership and dedicatedly giving maximum efforts to deliver extra and accomplish tasks/assignments for the Organization.
- Team Player
- Problem solving skills and Trouble shouter
- Strong management skills
- Experience of using professional procurement tools and techniques
- Experience in running a structured tender exercise for products or services/items.
- Experienced negotiator who has successfully delivered supply solutions
- Have an understanding of regulatory environment.
- Skills in MS Office (Power point, Word & Excel).
- Knowledge of procurement processes, policies. Well aware of PPRA Rules.
- Knowledge to maintenance of procurement records and vendor database.