We are looking for a Lead Data Scientist to lead a technical team and help us gain useful insight out of raw data.Lead Data Scientist responsibilities include managing the data science team, planning projects and building analytics models.
You should have a strong problem-solving ability and a knack for statistical analysis. If you’re also able to align our data products with our business goals, we’d like to meet you.
Your ultimate goal will be to help improve our products and business decisions by making the most out of our data.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Planning data projects
- Building data products including (but not limited to) analytic systems and predictive models
- Managing a team of data scientists, machine learning engineers and big data specialists
- Lead data mining and collection procedures
- Ensure data quality and integrity
- Interpret and analyse data problems
- Conceive, plan and prioritize data projects
- Build analytic systems and predictive models
- Test performance of data-driven products
- Visualize data and create reports
- Experiment with new models and techniques
- Align data projects with organizational goals
- Monitor and gauge performance of deployed data models
- A minimum 16 years of education with a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Data Science or STEM related discipline is required. Both local and international degrees will be accepted and will need to verified from HEC Pakistan before final selection.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven experience as a Data Scientist or similar role with a reputed local or international organization
- Solid understanding of machine learning
- Knowledge of data management and visualization techniques
- A knack for statistical analysis and predictive modelling
- Good knowledge of R, Python and variety of data visualization tools
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Critical thinking
- Machine learning, deep learning, AI
- Data Architecture
- Risk analysis, process improvement, systems engineering
- Problem solving and good business intuition