Job Title: Chief Information Officer
Job Grade: Group Executive Director
Line Manager: Chief Executive Officer
The incumbent is responsible to oversee and manage all aspects of IT, with strong focus on bank's technology-related strategies and initiatives. Ensure IT Division enables business growth while maintaining a reliable and secure service that focus on customer delight, auditors and state regulators. Lead and ensure fast-paced IT expansion of In- House development capability across the range of new technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set goals and objectives, and measure the performance, of your 3 main IT functions;
i) Strategy, Planning and Governance
- Develop and implement strategic plans for bank’s information technology solutions in an effective manner.
- Ensure demand for IT services is carefully controlled and planned, and maintain metrics on the performance of the delivery
- Lead and inspire a large team of IT professionals, and in particular, develop and empower your own leadership team.
- Demonstrate staff development and manage turnover within acceptable bounds
- Create a credible long term architectural roadmap for the development and rationalization of the IT estate
- Build up an excellent internal IT development function and in-source where beneficial
- Deliver high quality new solutions to the Business on time and to budget
- Operate all existing and future systems to agreed reliability and availability targets
- Reduce costs and improve efficiency of IT delivery and operations
- Forecast future needs concerning hardware, software and staffing
- Provide secure and performance EUC to staff
- Ensure IT operates to relevant standards and put in place policies and procedures according to best practice
- Serve as a trusted advisor other CXX executives
- Provide expert advice to senior management on strategic systems conversions and integrations in support of business goals and objectives.
- Review and approve major contracts for information technology services and equipment in an efficient manner.
- Monitor and approval of IT budgeting
- Technology Risk Assessment
- Analysis and assessment of critical incidents of IT
- Carry out any other task assigned by the Chief Executive Officer.
- Head of IT Development
- Head of IT Operations & Analytics
- Head of Strategy Planning and Governance
- Head of Product Development
- IT Consultancy Firms
Knowledge and Experience
- Master’s Degree + Specialized Certification/Degree
- Overall 15 years of experience with 5 years in a similar capacity.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills
- Leadership and People Management Skills
- Analytical & Problem Solving Skills
- Excellent Managing and coaching skills
- Knowledge of designing/developing IT systems and planning significant IT implementation
- Broad knowledge of IT development technologies/methodologies, infrastructure and data center operations
- Deep insight of digital business and digital technologies in fintech domain and technology
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations
- Broad knowledge of IT development technologies, methodologies, infrastructure and data center operations
- Strategy, Pricing and Vendor Management
- Branchless and Branch Banking Industry or FS Knowledge
- Exposure to Regulators